The frequency of services will depend on the service needed, availability of volunteers, and needs of seniors and communities
Safe seniors, strong communities
SHARE Family & Community Services is part of the Government of BC and United Way Safe Seniors, Strong Communities Initiative.
As more and more people are appropriately self-isolating, many seniors who are able to live independently with the help of family and friends, are finding those supports unavailable. SHARE remains open to help seniors during this time.
Seniors needing assistance may register by calling 2-1-1 or visiting the website: www.bc211.ca
The 211 phone service is available 7 days a week (8:30 AM – 6 PM). There may be high call volumes so please try again if you do not get through the first time.
Alternatively, you can contact SHARE directly at 604-937-6991. Due to high call volumes, it may take us a couple of days to return your call.
Seniors can request help with grocery shopping, check-in calls, meal preparation and delivery and prescription pick-up.
All seniors aged 65+ in B.C. are eligible to receive services.
Direct Line: 604.937.6991
Office reception: 604.540.9161
Location: 104-3020 Lincoln Ave., Coquitlam BC V3B 6B4
Monday - Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Who qualifies: All 65+ living in Tri-Cities
- Seniors call into BC 211 (simply dial 2-1-1 on your phone or visit www.bc211.ca)
- Information for Tri-cities seniors will be shared with SHARE
- Alternatively seniors can call SHARE directly at 604-937-6991.
- An intake process will be held with the senior over the phone
- Seniors will be paired with a volunteer (or other provider) who is offering the requested service/s
- Service delivery will be coordinated through the Better at Home program
- Seniors may be triaged to other local organizations to help provide the services
All calls are responded to within a maximum of 72 hours once received at SHARE Family and Community Services.
Seniors can register on the 211 website at any time or by calling 211 between 8:30 AM and 6 PM. Alternatively Seniors can call SHARE at 604-937-6991. The SHARE phone is monitored on business days.