Thank you for contacting the Poverty Law Advocate at SHARE Family and Community Services. This is a long message with resources that can help you at the end. Please be patient and read/listen to the full message.
Please note that the SHARE Legal Advocate program is only available to people who live in the Tri-City area, which includes Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore, and Belcarra.
Due to the demand for services, we are not accepting any new service requests until the beginning of November. If you are a potential new client and leave a message now, we anticipate being able to call you back in November. We apologize we are not available sooner.
Other services for you to consider include:
- If you need help with Income Assistance or have questions about ministry assistance, please call the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction at 1.866.866.0800.
- The Employment and Assistance Office in Port Coquitlam is open Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9 am-4 pm. Their office is located at B-100 2099 Lougheed Highway, Port Coquitlam.
- If you need assistance with PWD and CPPD applications, reconsiderations and appeals, please call the Disability Alliance of BC at (604) 875-0188.
- If you need help with tenancy issues, please call the Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC) at (604) 255-0546.
- If you need help with a BC Housing Application, please visit www.bchousing.org to download the application.
- The Poverty Law Advocate is not able to assist with BC Housing Applications or help in the search for a rental unit.
- If you need assistance with a Residential Tenancy Branch Hearing, please call the Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC) at (604) 255-0546.
- The Poverty Law Advocate is not able to assist with the Residential Tenancy Branch Hearing.
- If you need assistance with the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, and the Guaranteed Income Supplement, please call Canada Pension Plan at 1-800-227-9914.
- If you require assistance with Employment Insurance, please call the 1-800-206-7218 or visit www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html
- If you require assistance with Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html.
*Please note that Statutory Holidays may affect the times and days that these offices are open*