For residents of the Tri-Cities Area
Are you at risk of losing your home and becoming homeless? Are you living with homelessness?
The Tenant Advocate Program is intended to help Tri-cities tenants to preserve their tenancy or help them look for a new home where appropriate. Activities can include:
- Talk with the tenant to learn about their housing situation,
- Help the tenant review their tenancy agreement and their rights and responsibilities.
- Help the tenant talk with their landlord.
- Connect the tenant with information about government and other financial resources.
- Assist with applications as needed.
- Help with applications and hearings before the Residential Tenancy Branch.
- Help tenants who are losing their homes look for a new place to live.
- Help people who are already homeless to look for a new place to live.
Contact: We are in the process of filling the Tenant Advocate position. We will resume booking client appointments when a new Tenant Advocate is hired.
Location: #104 – 3020 Lincoln Avenue, Coquitlam
- BC Housing - Housing and Tenancy: www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/housing-tenancy. Toll free: + 1-800-257-7756
- Tri-City Transitions https://www.tricitytransitions.com/ Tel: 604-941-7111 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raincity Housing – 3030 Gordon Avenue. Tel: 604.474.0435 email: email@example.com
- SHARE Food Bank: for more details please visit our Food Bank page here.
- Shelter & Transitional Housing: www.tricitieshomelessness.caemail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Toll free at 1-888-527-8999
- Fraserside Community Services Society. https://www.fraserside.bc.ca/social-housing/social-housing/ Tel: 604-522-3722 email: email@example.com
- TRAC: Tenant Resources and Advisory Center www.tenants.bc.ca Toll free: + 1-800-665-1185
- Renting It Right: Get expert answers to your rental question. www.rentingitright.ca
- BC Rent Bank: list of other rent banks www.bcrentbank.caTel: (604) 877-8453