Remember the Food Bank! Food and fund drive to help SHARE fill 1,000 food hampers!
Posted on June 23, 2023 by
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 23, 2023.
Food and Fund Drive to Help SHARE Fill 1,000 Food Hampers!
The cost of living is at an all-time high, as is the demand for Food Bank services. According to Food Banks Canada, 23% of us are eating less than we should because there isn’t enough money for food. Visits to SHARE’s food banks are up 50%. One-third of our food bank users are children, and 20% are seniors.
Join SHARE Family and Community Services at Coquitlam Centre on Saturday, June 24, and Sunday, June 25, to kick off the annual REMEMBER THE FOOD BANK campaign with a fund and food drive celebrating the grand reopening of the newly renovated food court. With your donations, we aim to fill 1,000 hampers by the end of the summer.
Find SHARE at these locations:
Saturday, June 24th
- 10 am-2 pm: Coquitlam Centre Southwest Parking Lot (corner of Johnson Street and Barnet Highway)
- 10 am-4 pm: REMEMBER THE FOOD BANK Kiosk at Coquitlam Centre Food Court
Sunday, June 25th
- 11 am-4 pm: REMEMBER THE FOOD BANK at Coquitlam Centre Food Court
This Summer, remember the Food Bank, remember your neighbours, and help SHARE ensure no one in our community goes hungry.
Why Cash Over Cans?
Cash donations help SHARE purchase more healthy, diverse, and balanced food choices in large quantities at wholesale rates less than what you pay at the grocery store.
SHARE’s Most Needed Items:
- Canned Vegetables (Corn, Mushroom)
- Fruit Cups and Juice (No Sugar Added)
- Grains (Rice)
- Tomato Products (Tomato Paste, Chunky Tomato Sauce, and Diced Tomatoes)
- Cooking Oil
- Canned Protein (Corned Beef, Salmon, Chicken, and Tuna)
For further information, please contact:
Darcel Moro (she/her)
Manager of Community Engagement
SHARE Family & Community Services