Clinical Counsellor, Outreach, Primary Care Network - 4 Positions available
Posted on April 23, 2019
Posting Number: #2019-008
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-05-01 00:00:00Z
Closing Date: 2019-05-29 00:00:00Z
Location: SHARE Clarke St office, local Doctor Offices, community locations
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, including some evenings to 9pm and weekend work required.
Compensation: $35.16 - $41.00, Paraprofessional Grid 16
Number of positions available: 4
This is an HSA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. This posting is open to female and male applicants.
The Outreach Clinical Counsellor is responsible for case management and providing resourcebased counselling to individuals and their families who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health and/or substance use concerns, and related challenges. The work takes place in the office, people’s homes and in the community.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide counselling to individuals and families in managing current risks and crisis and to increase their effectiveness in dealing with future concerns and/or challenges.
- Work collaboratively with the persons served while providing case management and risk assessment, goal setting, planning, counselling, closure and where appropriate, follow up.
- Coordinate/collaborate with other service providers and stakeholders.
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation of individual service information tracking systems.
- Participate in regular quality assurance reviews, case and team. Consultation/supervision and meetings as required.
- A graduate degree in counselling, social work, psychology or a related field.
- At least 1 year counselling experience specifically with families, substance use and mental health issues.
- Capacity to work from more than one modality, knowledgeable of counselling theories and practices, risk assessment and case management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Use of personal automobile required.
Forward resume & cover letter stating posting #2019-008 to:
Rob Buirs, Supervisor of Adult Substance Use Services | email@example.com
Closing Date: March 29, 2019 at 4:30pm
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.