Posted on August 17, 2020
Posting Number: 2020-020
Position Type: Casual On-Call
Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Location: Tri-Cities area
Hours of Work:
Compensation: $21.92 - $25.53 per hour plus 10.2% in lieu of benefits.
Youth Workers required for 1:1 Support in Community; assisting youth with special needs (between the ages of 5 - 18) in skills development and goal completion. A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle is a requirement. There will also be opportunities to work in the weekly Youth Groups (Relief, or Ongoing).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for a child or youth with disabilities to develop skills and be involved in the community;
- Supporting the child or youth to identify goals and desired outcomes;
- Work collaboratively with the family and others who support the individual;
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation.
Qualifications and Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years Post-secondary training in field related to child and youth care or community support work;
- Experience supporting children/youth with disabilities;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Clean driving abstract record; use of personal vehicle is required.
- Current First Aid (or willing to attain)
Forward resume & cover letter stating posting #2020-020 to:
Ross Renaud, Supervisor | firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.