Employment Facilitator - 2 Positions available
Posted on April 17, 2019
Posting Number: #2019-009
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-04-23 00:00:00Z
Closing Date: 2019-04-26 00:00:00Z
Location: 1 position located at 130 Brew Street, unit 130, Port Moody & 1 position at 2540 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week; 9:00-5:00 weekdays: 10:30-6:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays on a rotating schedule
Compensation: $22.02 - $25.65 per hour, Grid level 12 (Classification pending)
Number of positions available: 2
This is an HSA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. This posting is open to female and male applicants.
The Employment Facilitator is responsible for working closely with job seekers in the self-serve resource area and in workshop group settings. The Employment Facilitator will ensure that job seekers receive the job search services needed so that clients are equipped to conduct job searches. He/She is responsible for the development, maintenance, and delivery of workshops. The Employment Facilitator is responsible for documenting the work. The focus of the work is with people who may be economically disadvantaged and experiencing multiple barriers to employment.
Summary of Duties:
- Support Clients in completing the Online Employment Services (OES) accounts for self-serve and case managed services.
- Work one to one with clients in a drop-in setting to assist them with all employment related needs.
- Work to ensure that participants are implementing their employment strategies.
- Deliver curriculum and workshop materials including resume writing, personal development, career exploration, interview skills, problem solving and decision-making.
- Facilitate groups including setting and implementing group goals and desired outcomes, structures, program content, and set up of physical environment.
- Liaise with employers in the community to organize hiring fairs, employer panels and job postings. Liaise with and refer to community agencies, committees, professionals as needed.
- Minimum B.A., MBTI and Strong Certification and or career counselling certificate preferred.
- Proven experience in developing and facilitating employment-related workshops.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written (English language) and verbal communication skills that include listening, empathy, and motivating individuals with the ability to work with a diversity of clients and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of community resources and systemic issues such as poverty, unemployment, stigma, medications/drugs and the isolation felt by individuals with serious mental and/or other health issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge/sensitivity of diversity issues and the personal impact of discrimination faced by people with significant challenges such as poverty, disabilities, mental health and addiction.
- Strong employment counselling skills and understanding of the labour market in the Lower Mainland. Up to date with the latest job search, career exploration and labour market materials. Knowledge and experience advising individuals on employment choices.
- Strong team player. Ability to work in a flexible environment and relate well with others.
- Strong skills and comfort in using and delivering online workshops. Excellent computer skills.
- The Employment Facilitator will work until 6:00 pm two days a week on a rotating basis.
- The Employment Facilitator may work with clients at a variety of locations.
Forward resume & cover letter stating posting #2019-009 to: Gina Hortelano, Supervisor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: April 26 (5:00 pm), 2019
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.