Posted on July 24, 2020
Posting Number: 2020-013
Position Type: Regular, Part-Time
Start Date: July 24, 2020
Closing Date: August 09, 2020
Hours of Work: 7 hours per week
Compensation: $36.92 - $43.05 per hour
Under the direction of the Director, Clinical Counselling the Clinical Counsellor is responsible for case management and providing counselling to refugee families and their children. Provide family counselling to individuals and families to support the client in managing current risks and to increase their effectiveness in dealing with future concerns and/or challenges. This is an HSA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the persons served to provide case management and risk assessment, goal setting, planning, counselling;
- Participate in Integrated Case Management;
- Maintaining appropriate and timely documentation, client information system and iCare tracking systems.
- Participate in regular quality assurance reviews, case and team consultation/supervision and meetings as required.
- Ensure that work practices comply with agency health and safety standards, program policies and procedures and administrative records are complete, timely and accurate.
- Degree in counselling, social work, psychology or a related field;
- One year counselling experience specifically with families.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable about counselling theories and practices, risk assessment and case management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage case planning, program development and supervision;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Additional languages are an asset.
Forward resume & cover letter stating posting #2020–013:
Teresa Kazieva, Supervisor, New Beginnings Program | email@example.com
Closing Date: August 9, 2020
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.