SHARE Family and Community Services exists to Connect, Engage, and Strengthen Individuals and Families
SHARE Family & Community Services Society started as a children’s clothing exchange in 1972 in the basement of founder Gertie Grosser’s home and quickly became a focal point for community members who wanted to help themselves and their neighbours with life’s challenges.
Today SHARE is a non-profit, independent, community based organization providing leadership and programs in response to the social needs of the residents of the Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra), New Westminster and adjacent communities.
Our Mission Statement
SHARE Family and Community Services exists to Connect, Engage, and Strengthen Individuals and Families.
Our vision is a strong community that welcomes everyone to live, participate, contribute, and reach their full potential.
- Collaboration We value and support collaboration that builds respect, trust, and relationships with each individual and with the community.
- Generosity We are generous when we act unconditionally, without judgement, and without prejudice.
- Inclusion We work to strengthen each individual we serve, as well as the services themselves, the agency and our community: everyone is welcomed and everyone belongs.
- Hope We act with hope when we mind a way forward, drawing on our resilience, abundance, creativity and innovation.
- Integrity We act with honesty and transparency: acting in the best interest of client, each other and the agency, making evidence based unbiased decisions.
- Strength Based We acknowledge and build on the strengths of each individual and each family.