This program is funded by the Law Foundation of British Columbia and is intended to assist residents of the Tri-Cities with information, referrals and representation in the areas of income assistance applications/reviews (Ministry of Housing and Social Development), Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Landlord/tenant disputes. Services include:
- Providing information, advice and referrals to assist in accessing services.
- Assisting with problem solving and support self advocacy.
- Assisting with completion of forms, applications, letters and appeal documents.
Helpful Resources Include:
- If you are looking to complete a Persons With Disability Application or Canada Pension Plan Disability Application or require assistance with a reconsideration please contact: Disability Alliance BC (formerly BC Coalition of People with Disabilities) at 604-875-0188.
- If you have a residential tenancy issue please contact: TRAC (Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre) at 604-255-0546.
If you have an issue with social assistance please contact the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation directly at 1-866-866-0800.
Please contact the Legal Advocate at 604-937-6982 to discuss your situation and make an appointment.
PRO BONO LAW SERVICES
SHARE Family & Community hosts a pro bono law clinic one afternoon per month. The clinic offers a free 30 minute consultation with a qualified lawyer. The lawyer will help the person review their situation and advise them as to next steps and potential services to help with their legal problem.
Call SHARE’s King Edward office – 604-540-9161.
Call the Access Justice Hotline at 604-878-7400 to learn about SHARE’S and other pro bono clinics.
- Disability Alliance BC (formerly BC Coalition of People with Disabilities) – 604-875-0188 – www.disabilityalliancebc.org
- Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation – 1-866-771-8753 – www.gov.bc.ca/sdsi
- BC Residential Tenancy Office – 604-660-1020 – www.gov.bc.ca/landlordtenant
- TRAC Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre – 604-255-0546 – www.tenancts.bc.ca