Responsible & Problem Gambling
If you are concerned about your own gambling or affected by a family member’s gambling, contact SHARE’s Responsible and Problem Gambling Program. This program provides confidential individual, couple and group counselling free of charge to residents of Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Anmore, and Port Moody. The counselling is provided at SHARE’s Port Moody office by two counsellors:
Adrienne Cossom, MSW, RCSW: 604-936-3900 ext 154
If you live outside of these areas, contact the Problem Gambling Helpline for a counsellor near you: 1-888-795-6111 (24 hours)
Heidi and Adrienne both have a graduate degree in counselling and have worked in the field of addiction for over 10 years. We help people change and manage problematic gambling and address other related issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, and financial and relationship concerns. We believe that people can get through tough times and connect with their hopes and possibilities for the future. Supporting people in their journey is our privilege.
For more information on responsible and problem gambling and counselling for this issue, go to these links:
- Counselling Myths & Facts
- Tips for recognizing and dealing with problem gambling
- When can I see someone?Daytime and evening appointments are available.
- What are the problem gambling counselling rates?Counselling for problem gambling is free.
- How do I make an appointment?Call one of our Responsible Gambling Counsellors at 604-936-3900. They will schedule an appointment with you for an Intake Interview.
- Will my employer or health insurer know about my counselling?All problem gambling counselling is strictly confidential. Fees are covered by the Province of British Columbia and your health insurance company is not notified.
- Where does SHARE offer Problem Gambling Counselling?2615 Clarke Street (second floor)
Port Moody, BC
How to get there:
GET A MAP
Public Transportation: 160 Vancouver/Port Coquitlam or C24 Lougheed Station/Port Moody bus lines. Take the St. Johns @ Mary Street stop. Schedule your trip with the BC Transit Trip Planner
- Does SHARE offer counselling for issues other than Problem Gambling?Yes, SHARE offers a full fee-based counselling program. Please visit the Fee-For-Service Counselling page for more information.