Child & Family Services
Child and Family Services provides community-based support to children (up to 12 years old) and their families in the Tri-Cities area. Services include planning, counselling, family support, and prevention. Referrals are made by the Ministry of Children & Family Development.
- Family Outreach
- Clinical Counselling
- Connections to web resources for Families
Many people are unsure of what counselling is meant to achieve.
We want to help you identify and achieve your desired goals for change. We can support you as you identify, set and achieve goals that build on your unique strengths and abilities:
- Referrals to the Child and Family Services Team come through the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD).
- Provide community-based support to families with children (up to 12 years old)
- We provide service in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Korean.
- Our Mission at the Tri-Cities West Neighbourhood Hub is to create communities of mutual care and shared responsibility, where every person matters and each person’s welfare and dignity is respected and supported.
- Our team works out of various locations including other SHARE locations (Port Moody and Coquitlam), the Tri-cities East Neighbourhood Centre in Port Coquitlam and the community.
- As opportunities arise, we may offer support groups, opportunities for parent-to-parent support and other kinds of group offerings.
Family Outreach Workers provide strength focused, non-judgemental support to families in their home or community, including:
- Community resources
- Household management
- Family dynamics
- Support with building connections between families and community
- Support with navigating government systems (income assistance, affordable housing, MCFD
- Practical (hands-on) and emotional support for families and children with special needs
Clinical Counsellors provide individual, couple and family, non-judgemental, solution-focused counselling in an office setting, including:
- Support individuals/couples and families manage current risk and increase their effectiveness in dealing with future concerns and/or challenges.
- Working collaboratively with the persons served to provide case management and risk assessment, goal setting, planning, counselling, closure and where appropriate, follow up.
HOW TO APPLY
Referrals are made through the BC Ministry of Children & Family Development.
If you have any questions regarding the Child and Family programs, please feel free to contact the Child and Family Supervisor, Nadia Contreras at 604.927.4416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building 5-2601 Lougheed Hwy.
Coquitlam, BC V3C 4J2
CANADIAN TIRE JUMPSTART PROGRAM
SHARE Family & Community Services has been invited to partner with Canadian Tire JumpStart, a community-based program designed to help children participate in organized sports and recreation. Organizations and community groups working with children and families from the Tri-Cities are invited to identify families with economic barriers who might not otherwise be able to participate in organized sports or recreation.