Speech Language Therapist
Posted on July 22, 2019
Posting Number: 2019-014
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Start Date: August 01, 2019
Closing Date: August 18, 2019
Location: Tri-Cities and New Westminster
Hours of Work: Flexible Hours
Compensation: $39.92 - $45.62 per hour
Summary of Duties:
- Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
- Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
- Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized tests as appropriate;
- Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
- Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
- Maintain knowledge and skills directly relevant to service provision through continuing education;
- Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate services for families.
- Degree in Speech Language Pathology;
- Current membership with the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of BC;
- 3-5 years pediatric experience preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Use of personal automobile;
- Hanen Certification, particularly More Than Words® and TalkAbility™, and experience working within interdisciplinary service delivery in a family-centered model are highly desirable.
Forward resume & cover letter stating job title and posting #2019-014 to:
Zahra Lalani, Supervisor of Therapy Programs
email@example.com | Fax: (604) 540-2290
Closing Date: August 18, 2019. This posting will remain open until filled.
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.