Counselling Services (Talking Helps)
With all that goes on in our day-to-day lives, it’s easy to sometimes feel overwhelmed or burdened. Whether you’re raising children, building a career, facing a family challenge, or simply taking on too much, counselling can be a safe place to talk over life’s stresses and gain a fresh perspective.
Counsellors are trained to help take a clear look at what’s happening in your world, talk through the clutter with you, help define goals, and encourage your progress towards them. Sometimes, it just takes a little support to get where you’re going.
Not sure where to turn? SHARE Family & Community Services offers a fee-based counselling program for residents of the Tri-Cities and Metro Vancouver. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Services (CARF), SHARE strictly upholds the program’s rigorous standards to ensure that our services are of a very high caliber.
SHARE offers clients a team of highly-qualified counsellors. We have experience working with a variety of people, including children, families, individuals, and couples.SHARE provides subsidized counselling/lower fees to families in the Tri-Cities. Free Counselling for problem gambling is also available.
Counselling appointments are available Monday to Thursday 9am – 8pm and Friday 9am – 3pm.
We offer services in:
- Separation or divorce
- Anger management
- Problem gambling
- Loss and grief
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered issues
- Couple and family concerns
Translation services can be arranged. Some subsidy is available for Tri-Cities residents.
Apply for Talking Helps, Problem Gambling and Youth Substance Use
To make an appointment call our Intake Worker at 604-937-6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Responsible and Problem Gambling Program or to book an appointment, call Adrienne or Heidi at 604-936-3900 ext 153 or 154. For more information click here.
If you are interested in a counselling internship, click here for more information.
SHARE’s Clarke St. Counselling Centre
2615 Clarke Street
Port Moody, BC
SHARE King Edward Location
200 – 25 King Edward Street (2nd Floor)
Alcohol and Drug Information
- Here to help (BC): CARBC supported information and resource centre for Addictions and Mental Health issues. http://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre: BC based centre (Children’s Hospital) for children, youth and families experiencing mental health concerns. A growing capacity for professional linkage and addictions issues – services include monthly Pinwheel Mental Health Presentation Education Series for professionals. http://keltymentalhealth.ca/
- Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.): BC and Yukon Regional website. http://www.bcyukonaa.org/index.html
Books and articles
- Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program – A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively. James Prochaska, John Norcross, Carlo Diclemente. www.amazon.com
- Alcohols Anonymous: cult or cure? – http://www.csam-asam.org/pdf/misc/Vaillant_AA_Article.pdf