Our Year with SHARE, 2014
January 15, 2015
Hard Rock Casino Vancouver had another fantastic year with SHARE as our signature charity. 2014 was filled with amazing opportunities for us to get creative and involve our staff in helping out as much as possible. One of Hard Rock Casino Vancouver’s values is “Caring – a passion for everything we do: at work, outside of work and in our community”. We believe in supporting our communities and giving back. In fact, we ensured that almost every month in 2014, our team members had numerous opportunities to contribute their time, talents and ideas to better our communities. Here are just a few of the many SHARE initiatives that took place:
- We hosted the fabulous annual Imagine Gala in March, 2014 that raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for SHARE.
- We collected food and clothing several times throughout the year.
- We donated proceeds from our rockin’ Car Show in August, 2014.
- We fundraised together to adopt 4 families on Christmas, as part of SHARE’s Adopt-a-Family program.
- We had a terrific time hanging out with the lovable Share Bear, who came to Hard Rock Casino Vancouver to help wrap-up the November 2014 Food Bank food drive. Our guests had a blast too – some even got hugs!
- 19 staff members put their gift-wrapping skills to use and participated in the Gift Wrap for SHARE in December, 2014.
Out of these many memories of events and initiatives, most of our staff would agree that the Adopt-a-Family program was the most rewarding, because of its immediate positive impact on families in need. That impact is what makes our charitable partnership with SHARE so powerful – SHARE can always put Hard Rock Casino Vancouver in touch with members of the Tri-Cities communities that need a helping, neighborly hand.
Thank you, SHARE for an awesome year!Back to Our Stories