Provide a Legacy Gift
Gift of Life Insurance
A gift of life insurance will enable you to make a major gift through a policy you already own, or through a series of affordable premium payments. There are a number of ways to donate and plan your gift using life insurance.
- Give an already paid-up policy and receive a donation receipt for the cash value of the policy.
- Give an existing policy on which premiums are still being paid, and in return, receive a receipt for the cash value of the policy and subsequent premium payments.
- Purchase a new policy, transfer ownership to SHARE Family and Community Service Society, and receive a tax receipt for all payments on the premiums.
Retain ownership of the policy and name SHARE Family and Community Service Society as the direct beneficiary and, when you pass away, your estate will receive a receipt for the face value of the policy.
For more information, please contact Valerie Hutton, Director of Development at 604-529-5125 or by email: email@example.com
Gift of RRSP or RRIF
Gifts made through registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs) and registered retirement income funds (RRIFs) are a popular way to offset taxes owing on funds at the time of death.
When you name SHARE Family and Community Services Society directly as beneficiary, your estate will save probate fees. Your gift is treated as a charitable donation in the year of death and is eligible for a tax credit on your final tax return, and/or the one immediately preceding the final return. The tax credit may completely offset the taxes payable on the proceeds.
For more information, please contact Valerie Hutton, Director of Development at 604-529-5125 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift of a Bequest (Will)
A bequest – the most common type of future gift – is a commitment made through your Will to be distributed by your estate upon your death. A bequest may be a specific piece of property, sum of money, or a portion of your estate. Upon death, SHARE Family and Community Services Society will issue a donation receipt for the bequest that may result in significant tax savings in the year of death and the preceding year. Most people make a bequest when their Wills are drawn.
Three great reasons to let us know you have included SHARE Family and Community Services in your Will
- We can help you set up a personal endowment named after you or a loved one that will fund programs and services that help individuals, families and communities in the TriCities and New Westminster in perpetuity.
- We can help ensure your Will is worded correctly to clarify your intentions so your gift is used as you wished.
- We can share the good news of your support with our professional staff motivating them in their work. Hearing about new donations also motivates others to make a commitment.
If you have a legacy gift arranged for SHARE Family and Community Service Society, please complete and return a Will Confirmation Form today.