How to Register for Toys and Food
This program is intended to help families in need within the Tri-Cities.
Parents or guardians of children 17 & under may apply to receive Christmas toys. You may be asked to provide legal documents indicating you have custody if you are not the parent.
To qualify for the SHARE Family Services Toy program you will be required to provide documentation to support that your household income is at or below the Low Income standard.
Beginning on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, you may register at only ONE of the locations below:
- PORT MOODY: Port Moody Pacific Grace MB/Chinese Church rear downstairs at 2622 St. John’s St., Port Moody (across the alley from the SHARE Food Bank).
WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS: Nov. 8 to Dec. 8 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- COQUITLAM: Fellowship Hall, Como Lake United Church, 535 Marmont Street (corner of King Albert & Marmont Street), Coquitlam.
WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS: Nov. 8 to Nov 29 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- PORT COQUITLAM: Trinity United Church, 2211 Prairie Avenue (corner of Prairie & Shaughnessy).
WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS: Nov. 8 to Nov 29 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE: After Nov 29/16 registrations will continue at the Port Moody location.
Requirements: At the time of registration you MUST apply in person with CURRENT I.D. and the following:
- Proof of Address, e.g. RECENT Rental Agreement, Utility bill, Bank Statement for all adults in the house.
- CareCards and/or Immigration Cards for all members of the family
- Income Source, e.g.: cheque stub from MEIA, E.I., WCB, Work or Bank Statement for the household
Please Note: After Dec. 8, 2017 ALL Christmas Registration enquiries can be directed to SHARE Food Bank, 2615 Clarke St., Port Moody (rear of the building). For more information call: 604-931-2451 or check our website at www.sharesociety.ca.
Christmas Food Hampers
You do not need to register for a Christmas Food hamper if you are a current Food Bank client. If you have never been to a SHARE food bank or have not attended for more than 6 months you will need to register. A Christmas food hamper will be available for you to pick up on your regular Food Bank day on December 6 or December 13 at your regular Food Bank between the following hours:
- Port Coquitlam – 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Coquitlam – 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Port Moody – 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Please come prepared to carry your hamper.
Tiny Bundles families
Tiny bundles clients will receive one Christmas hamper on either December 6 or December 13. Tiny Bundles families can come on both dates to get their special Tiny Bundle items only.
Requirements for Christmas Toys Program Registration
The purpose of the SHARE Toy program is to help families in financial need within the Tri-cities.
To qualify for SHARE Family Services Toy program you are required to provide documentation to support that your household income is at or below the Low Income standard.
At the time of registration you MUST apply in person with CURRENT I.D. and the following:
- Proof of Address (e.g. RECENT Rental Agreement, Utility Bill, MEIA, Bank Statement) for all individuals over 19 years.
- Care Card(s) for ALL Members of the Family / Household (PRC or Immigration Papers for New Immigrants)
- Income information(e.g. cheque stub from MEIA, EI, WCB, work or Bank Statement)
If you do NOT have these documents registration cannot be completed. Please return with all supporting documents.